Schoolwide’s Foundational Skills Program(s) lay the foundation for literacy success by systematically developing proficiency in the following skills:
- Print concepts
- Phonics & word recognition
- Phonological awareness
- Lessons exist within a balanced literacy framework using engaging shared texts.
- Lesson formats follow research-based instructional models: shared reading, shared writing, interactive writing, and mini-lessons.
- Lessons engage young learners using multisensory teaching techniques.
- Lessons include recommendations for learning center activities, continued practice, differentiation, extensions, and connections.