- Personal Information
- Browsing: You can access information and content on Schoolwide’s websites without having an account. You also can contact us through Schoolwide.com or by emailing us directly without having to register for an account.
- Your Schoolwide Account: For some activities on Schoolwide.com, including Zing, you need an account. We ask for some personal information when you create an account, including your name, job title, school district or company name, and email address and a password, which are used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
- Usage Information: When you use Schoolwide.com and Zing, we may record information about your usage of the site, such as the books you read, the videos you watch, and information and pages you click on. In order to ensure the quality of our service to you, we may place a tag (also called a "web beacon") in HTML-based customer support emails or other communications with you in order to confirm delivery.
- Content Uploaded to the Site: Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online (e.g., comments, book reviews) may be viewed and used by others.
- For some activities on Schoolwide.com, including Zing, you may need to upload information about your students. We ask for student information solely so that we may improve the features and functionality of our websites (e.g., to be able to provide you with detailed reporting and data). Examples of student information include student ID, first name, last name, and gender (typically required) as well as race, disability status, migrant status, English proficiency (ELL), and whether the student is economically disadvantaged (typically optional).
- Schoolwide.com will not advertise or send any commercial messages via email directly to students.
Disclosure of Information
- If you submit personal information, we may use that information to operate, maintain, and improve the features and functionality of our websites and to process any flagging activity or communication you send to us.
- We do not use your email address or other personal information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent. We may use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major website changes or for customer service purposes). By creating an account, you agree to us contacting you by email and storing your contact details for future contact. You may receive relevant marketing communications from Schoolwide, but you can unsubscribe at any time if these emails are not of interest to you.
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties for commercial purposes your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Schoolwide, our users, or others. We may transfer the personally identifiable information we collect to a third party in connection with a sale of our business. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Advertising at Schoolwide.com
- If you have a Schoolwide.com account, you may update your personal profile information, email preferences, and privacy settings at any time by visiting your account profile page.
- You may control the information that is available to other users by editing your Schoolwide.com account and the features that are included on your profile page.
- You may, of course, decline to submit personal information through Schoolwide.com, in which case you can still explore our websites, but Schoolwide may not be able to provide certain content or services to you.
How We Secure Your Information
- Schoolwide strives to provide you with relevant and useful advertising. We may use a range of information including cookies, web beacons, IP addresses, usage data, and other non-personal information about your computer or device (such as browser type and operating system) to provide you with relevant advertising. If you are logged into your account, we may also show you advertising based on the information you have provided to us in your Schoolwide.com account.
- Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include information or advertising by third parties or offer third-party products or services on our website, which may contain links to other websites. These third parties’ sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. A link does not constitute an endorsement of the content, viewpoint, accuracy, opinions, policies, products, services, security, or accessibility of that website.