Quality formative assessment puts students at the center by creating opportunities for them to take ownership of their learning.
The Empowered Learner Student-Centered Assessment Toolkit, the product of a wonderful collaboration between The Core Collaborative and Schoolwide, Inc., has been developed to create clarity in the classroom regarding standards-based instruction for students and teachers. When formative assessment is “done right,” students can identify where they are in their learning, where they need to go, and how they will get there.
All of the tools in the Student-Centered Assessment Toolkit have been designed to keep students at the center of the formative assessment process and INCLUDE:
- Anchor Standard Vertical Progressions
- Grade-Level Reading Inventories
- Student-Friendly Target Rubrics
- Holistic Rubrics with Goal Sheets and Graphic Organizers
- Workshop Observation Checklists
- Standards-Based Question Stems and Prompts
- Reading Continuums