Reading Fundamentals develops, expands, and enhances the skills, strategies, and tools students can use to make meaning of and interact with text.
Within the Reading Fundamentals comprehensive literacy framework, there are opportunities to read to students (mentor texts), to read with students (shared texts), and to have students read independently (books or texts at their independent reading levels).
Included with Each Unit
- Anchor/Mentor Texts (5–6 mentor texts and 3–13 short-shared texts)
- Standards Alignment and Correlation Chart
- Unit Introduction and Overview
- Interactive Read-Aloud Lessons (8–10)
- Mini-Lessons (6–12)
- Transition to Independent Reading and Guided Practice
- Conference Questions
- Lesson Extensions
- Assessments (Formative & Summative)