Content Literacy Fundamentals integrate knowledge building and literacy skills, immersing students in real reading, writing, and research experiences that deepen their understanding of the world around them.
Through inquiry-based lessons, Content Literacy Fundamentals supports students in their growing content knowledge of science and social studies topics, in alignment with the Next Gen Science Standards and the the National Curriculum Standards of Social Studies. Our resources complement both literacy and general science and social studies classroom curricula.
Included with Each Unit
- Anchor/Mentor Texts (5–6 mentor texts and 3–13 short-shared texts)
- Standards Alignment and Correlation Chart
- Unit Introduction and Overview
- Interactive Read-Aloud Lessons (8–10)
- Mini-Lessons (6–12)
- Transition to Independent Reading and Guided Practice
- Conference Questions
- Lesson Extensions
- Assessments (Formative & Summative)